In addition to transferring files,
at some time or another, your operators will probably
need to be able to edit an NC file. ProDNC has an
integrated NC code editor that's much more useful
than just a word-processor or notepad.
As you can see, the main screen
consists of the large icon buttons, menu items and
a large editor window. We decided to keep the interface
nice and neat, so although you can open multiple
files into the editor, they are easily navigated
by clicking the small TAB button below the file.
We think this interface is much easier than having
windows floating all over place.
The editor can open files as large as your computer
resources will allow up to 60MB. If you are routinely
editing files as massive as this, then you may well
need to beef up your computers memory or it will
become rather slow. There is no limit to filenames
like it used to be with old DOS systems, and you
can setup colored syntax highlighting for all block
address words A to Z for nice and easy visualization
of the code. You can print out in either color or
You can send whats in the editor window direct to
your CNC from here (without the need to save the
In addition to all the standard editing functions
such as cut, copy, paste, find and replace there
are several more NC code specific tools, heres a
brief run down...
- Resequence your code. Each CNC can have its
own setup so you are not constantly swapping settings
- Desequence your code to conserve memory on older
- Insert spaces between words to make code more
- Delete spaces between words to conserve memory
on older CNC
- Reformat code so that you can alter the number
of decimal places.
- Math transformation of NC code, add, subtract,
multiply and division of axes including mirroring,
feed and speed override.
- Store different colorization configurations
in settings file.
- Send all in editor with single click of the
- Send from current cursor position.
- Can edit files whilst DNC is active.